Career Services
Find a job on or off campus, get assistance with job searching, job shadowing, finding an internship, and creating a resume. Links provided to each college service on campus!

Counseling and Mental Health Center
Free and confidential services by professional counselors to all currently enrolled students.

Division of Recreational Sports
A variety of activities, such as adventure trips, exercise classes, intramural sports, swimming, outdoor equipment rental, indoor rock wall, sport clubs, and more!

Division of Housing and Food Services
For more information about housing or life in the residence halls look here.

Dining Venues & Meal Plans
Information about meal plans, dining locations, and nutrition information.

Financial Aid and Scholarships
Information about applying for financial aid

Gender & Sexuality Center
Provides resources and support for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, and ally community.

Services for Students with Disabilities
Provides information about services available for students with disabilities.

Student Organizations
Information about registered student organizations and how to start an organization. This is a great starting point for you to get involved on campus.

University Health Services
Visit the appointment page to make a same-day appointment to see a doctor.

UT Shuttles
Bus routes serving the City and Campus.

On-Campus Tutoring/Academic Support

For a list of community resources, click here.


Do I qualify for tuition and fee exemption?
As a youth who has experienced foster care in Texas, you are eligible to attend college free through a state tuition and fee exemption.

Can I get the state tuition and fee exemption as a ward of another state?
No. You are not eligible for Texas college tuition and fee exemptions if you were in the conservatorship of another state, however you are eligible for participation in the Fostering Horns program on campus and we will work to provide you with additional support.

I was adopted… am I eligible for the fee exemptions or the program?
If you were adopted from foster care or were eligible for adoption at age 14 or older, you may also be eligible for the exemption and are absolutely eligible for the Fostering Horns program. 

How do I apply for Foster Care Status?
Obtain documentation from the Department of Protective and Regulatory Services and present to the Texas State Cashier’s Office, in J.C. Kellam Building, Rm. 188. Their phone number is (512) 245-2480.

How do I pay for college?
You must apply for an Education Training Voucher (ETV) from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. The ETV provides grants for postsecondary education and training to eligible youth who are in or age out of foster care, or who are adopted from foster care after turning 16 years old. The ETV helps pay for residential housing, room and board costs/food, tuition and fees, personal items, books and school supplies, child care, some transportation needs, computer or other required equipment, and medical insurance through school.

Go to this website for information about eligibility requirements, application to apply for ETV, frequently asked questions about ETV, and contact information. Every year, you must fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid, also known as FAFSA. Through the FAFSA you can apply for grants and work-study. FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It is what you fill out to receive money to go to school. You submit one every year. The priority deadline is April 1st. That means that you need to submit the FAFSA on or before April 1st so that you can get the most money possible. To fill out a FAFSA online, go to